Scattery Island – Located just off Kilrush in Co. Clare is truly a unique visitor experience on Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way. Visitors to the island are amazed at the wealth of historic sites, which includes five Churches, a Cathedral, a magnificent Round Tower, Napoleonic War Artillery Battery and a working Lighthouse.
Your guided walking tour will immerse you in the island’s rich history. Scattery also offers a great a family day out and our junior VIP’s get their very own treasure trail map to explore the island their own way! Pack a picnic or even enjoy a swim while you’re there.
Today the island is completely uninhabited, and you can explore its ancient historic sites and experience its unspoilt natural beauty in peace and tranquillity.
- Time changes each day for Scattery Island tours due to tidal conditions.
- 10% tickets to be redeemed directly with the additional Activity Provider.
- Combo Packages booked can be used across different dates check scatteryislandtours.com for sailing times
- 30-minute crossing (15 minutes to exit the Marina Locke gates and 15 minutes sailing time
- Walking map with site information provided.
- Audio tours of monastic site available in French, German, Italian & Spanish at request €3 (please bring ear phones with you).